Monday 5 October 2015

Inktober and Pre-Production



I'm continuing pre-production and using inktober as a part of it! Each of these sketches was done very quickly in pen in my A6 sketchbook. I'm really trying to work on the shape/pattern idea for the backgrounds at the moment. The era that I'm setting the film in had a lot of brickwork in its architecture and the brick pattern works both as a grounding element and because it's beautiful visually.


I went on a lovely trip to Hartlepool to see my brother this weekend and took the opportunity for some reference photographs. Above is a picture of the historical quay there, complete with masted ship in the background. It might give you some idea of the brickwork look that I'm going for.


We also went to the seaside and I took lots of photos of the water. The film will be set in a port town, so I'm looking at patterns in the water to offset the patterns in the brickwork. The first of my inktober sketches may give you an idea of what I'm going for!

No comments:

Post a Comment