Monday 18 August 2014

Improvement and Nostalgia

This week I returned for the first time in a while to my old Deviantart page. Having created it at the age of 15 and not having posted to it in two years, it was filled with work that I was once really proud of. Going back over the 100+ images that were on there though, I marvelled at how much I've improved since then! I've now deactivated that account, but for nostalgia's sake I'd like to put here the few images from that account that I am still proud of. 


Age 15 - I did a project on Rodin and made 3 sculptures of hands; a
child's hand, an adult's hand and an older person's hand. I then did a series
of etchings of piano keys so that the final piece was both 2D and 3D.


Age 17 - In 2011 I kept a series of sketchbooks and resolved to draw one image every day.
Unlike my current illustrated journal, these images were mostly from my imagination.


Age 17 - Another page from my 2011 sketchbook series. This one was drawn at Halloween
and eventually I used it as inspiration for my first year character design university project!


Age 17 - This was the year I really started experimenting in Photoshop.
I titled it 'cozy' and used a 'knitted-jumper' type texture on the image (my first
time using textures!) and I feel very nostalgic looking at it now. 


Age 18 - This I think is my favourite of all of my old drawings. My teacher
at the time was doing a Masters degree in Psychology and she gave each of
us a questionnaire to fill out to help her. I loved the concept 'draw your mind';
it has so many possibilities!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment