Painting mood boards was incredibly exciting for me as it marked the moment when what was just talking about a film finally became actually working on pre-production to make the film! I thought today I'd share with you a few mood boards I did right at the start of the project.
Monday, 26 January 2015
Monday, 19 January 2015
I've not posted university work in a little while, so I thought today I'd let you know what we're up to; we've kicked off our new brief; pre-production for our final film! I had been looking forward to this for months so to have it officially start was completely fantastic! I'm collaborating for this project (and the production of the final film) with my coursemate Josh. The story idea is his but we're working very hard to bring it to life as a team. In our excitement last week, we even began a little pre-production instead of concentrating on our AfterEffects coursework. I thought today I would share with you two promo paintings that I did to get you as excited as I am for this project!
Monday, 12 January 2015
Today was the long-awaited deadline of my dissertation. It is now over and I'm free to get excited about new things! After handing in, I went into Cardiff and sketched for the first time in such a long while I don't remember when the last time was! I felt really quite rusty, but now that a whole module is over, I think I'm going to find time every day to just sketch. It's one of my favourite things to do!
Also now that the dissertation is over, I can start to dedicate some more of my energy into getting a portfolio site up and running. You may have noticed my new little icon on the side there, and if you follow my twitter you will see it there too. These are merely the beginnings of something big to come! A couple of doodles made a couple of weeks ago:
I hope you're all well!
Monday, 5 January 2015
Recently I bought myself the book 'Colour and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter' by James Gurney. It's a fantastic book and makes me realise just how little I know about colour theory! With that in mind, I've been doing really quick (15 min) colour studies recently just to try to get a little better. Below is one of those studies, done on the iPad app ProCreate, and beneath that is the reference photo I used. Mine is a little more blue-tinged than the original image because of the screen inaccuracies between the iPad and my laptop!
|Photo found on DeviantART|
Before I go, you may notice that it's a Monday today. I'm posting on a Monday because the next few Fridays are going to be fairly nightmare-ish in terms of finding time to post (I'm moving out of my student house and deadlines are approaching!). Instead of going on hiatus though, I'm just temporarily moving the posting day. It will be back to normal soon!
Until next week!