Monday 18 November 2013

Speed Painting

I've discovered in the last two weeks how much I really love background painting - something I never expected as I normally concentrate on characters! With Photoshop, Illustrator and Procreate, I've been having a marvellous time!

I am posting a selection of the speed paintings I've done over the last two weeks. Each took 20-30 minutes to complete and were done from photo reference. The aim was to study colour, texture and atmosphere and I'm pretty pleased with the results! Speed painting is an incredibly theraputic thing to do so I wouldn't be surprised if you see more of these on my blog.


Photo references used: Misty SwampEvening Sky



Photo references used: Misty WoodlandWithered



Photo reference used: Melancholy



Photo reference used: Transformation

No comments:

Post a Comment