Monday 5 January 2015

Studying Colour

Recently I bought myself the book 'Colour and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter' by James Gurney. It's a fantastic book and makes me realise just how little I know about colour theory! With that in mind, I've been doing really quick (15 min) colour studies recently just to try to get a little better. Below is one of those studies, done on the iPad app ProCreate, and beneath that is the reference photo I used. Mine is a little more blue-tinged than the original image because of the screen inaccuracies between the iPad and my laptop!


Photo found on DeviantART

Before I go, you may notice that it's a Monday today. I'm posting on a Monday because the next few Fridays are going to be fairly nightmare-ish in terms of finding time to post (I'm moving out of my student house and deadlines are approaching!). Instead of going on hiatus though, I'm just temporarily moving the posting day. It will be back to normal soon!

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment